Thursday, February 21, 2013

Series

In all of the pictures, I made everything except for the shoes black and white. I thought that this made the shoes stand out more than they usually would. 

My favorite part of this picture is the shoe laces, as they show how the picture was taken while in the middle of a jump. I also like the shadow in the back, because it makes it seem like she's being suspended in the air rather than jumping. 

I chose this picture because it actually looks like she's about to step down. Also, it's just such an ordinary picture, and usually nobody would notice their shoes. 


I like how the bricks on the steps show repetition. This makes my eye automatically go straight to the shoe, as it's the break in the pattern. 



I like how the feet are uneven, and one is raised higher than the other. This contrasts the similarities between all of the other bricks. 

I like this because at first, your eyes are drawn to Drew. Then, out of the corner of your eye, you notice that there's something in the upper right corner that sticks out; the shoes. 

I chose this because the stones show all the shades of grey that make black and white so interesting. The picture is very uneven, as the square with the stones is not in the middle, but the shoes make up for it. It's like the stones are weighing one side of the picture, and the feet are holding down the other side, making them equal. 


I chose this because I really liked how the first foot is blurry, yet the second one is focused. This too is a  very simple, ordinary picture, which is why I think it's interesting. 

My favorite part of this picture is the shadow. In the bottom right corner, there is another shadow that draws your eye in. It's almost like the shadows are in their own world. 

I took this picture right as Frankie was jumping onto the tree. I like it because the picture is all grey, and very similar shades. Therefore, the shoes subtly jump out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment