Thursday, February 7, 2013



I darkened this picture so that the sky was completely black, however in the process, the buildings became dark as well. This makes it look very shadowed and dark, even though in reality it was taken on a very bright and sunny day. 

I chose this because in a way, the tree is more the negative space, but at the same time, the sky could be. When I first look at the picture, my eye automatically focuses on the background, and gradually moves to looking at the branches. 

I took this picture while looking through the eye of a mask in the student lounge. I like it because it's different from the usual round cut out, and it's like you're looking at the building through a telescope. 

I took this picture while looking into the camera so that the buildings were dark. How it is right now, the buildings look like more of a silhouette and the sky pops out. This makes the buildings the negative space, although usually they would be the subject. It's the opposite of my other picture of buildings. 

This picture was taken through a circle I made with my hands. I chose to make it black and white because the tree matched he color of my hands around the side, and made the grey pop. I like the hands in the picture because they're not a perfect circle which I think almost gives it texture. 

I chose to edit this picture of Frankie differently than the way I usually would approach it. It's colorful and unrealistic, which is not usually my style, however I like how the color pops out from the white space. Also, how the black hair and the white background give the picture simplicity, allowing the patches of color to look even brighter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment