Friday, February 1, 2013

For this assignment, I was focusing on combining two pictures into one. The two flowers in this picture are taken of the same picture, from two different angles. I think this shows how any object is so different depending on what angle you observe it from. I like it because at first, i t seems like they're one picture, because the backgrounds are so similar. 

This was at first meant to show a journey of the life of a tree. In every picture, there are leaves, which though aren't the focus, have a strong relation to trees. 

I chose this picture because I thought they went together in the way that the sky was a similar color, and the tree branches in the pictures looked almost identical. Also, the top is focused on the same tree, just in more detail and focused on one leaf rather than on the entire tree. 

I chose this picture because I don't usually leave pictures with their original coloring, I usually put a filter of either sepia or black and white on. I chose to put them together, because the top picture was zoomed in on a specific object, and the bottom was of the same flower in its natural habitat. 

  

I chose to clone this picture, so that it would show the stages of Frankie's jumping. They are faded in order to show their impermanence, and how they're all just phases in the jump itself. 

I combined two portraits, one of Benji and one of Seb. When I first put the pictures on top of each other, I didn't like it, because the faces didn't exactly go together. However, I decided to fade Benji's face to show. It could be symbolic in the way that somebody can have a mask that is obscuring half of themselves. The confusion of which face belongs could symbolize a real confusion about who they are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment