Friday, May 17, 2013

All of my favorite pictures from this semester were black and white pictures, because I really liked focusing on positive and negative space. I like the simplicity of this picture, and how it's almost lopsided. 


My favorite part of this picture are the shadows that are on the candle. It makes the top of the candle stand out from the rest, and makes it look as if it continues down forever. 

I like this picture of an apple, because it is as though the apple is being swallowed by the darkness. The detail on the apple especially stands out since the rest of the picture is so simple. 

I chose this because I like the shadow seen on Benji's face. What I didn't like is that his shirt blends in too much with the background, and the white in it takes away from his face. 

I like the shadows again in this picture. I can especially see the wrinkles in this person's hands and how their bones stick out in certain points. 


I like the emotion that is found in Grace's face. It is different from my others, because there is a detailed background. This could take away from her face, however I like the detail in the bricks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment